Eggleston Hall Gardens Videos
Thinking about background
A good example of how a plant needs a foil....something with which to contrast. Here a hamamelis is all but lost to the background of a golden conifer.
Why would you plant a yellow shrub against a golden backdrop? It is always wise to think and visualise everything rather than just bunging something into a spare space....it is a planting opportunity wasted.
- Garden Diaries 7...Dogwoods; Coloured stemmed cornus pruning...31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 8...How to grow your own posts31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 6...Hollies; Pruning & training; A beginn...16th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 5....Festooning apples & taming a blackbe...14th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 4....Kirengeshoma division & Root cutting...14th March, 2017