Eggleston Hall Gardens Videos
The Spring Snowflake...Leucojum vernum
The Spring Snowflake is a delightfully fulsome little flower, akin to a Snowdrop in a bodice I reckon.....I've always liked bodices......I find they go well with my fishnet stockings.
It can be grown from bulbs quite easily but is very slow to bulk up in the garden. There is a Summer snowflake (Leucojum astevium) however I dont like the balance of that particular plant, for my taste it has too much foliage and a pissy little flower by comparison....yet it can look effective in places and i am often asked for it when its in flower in the summer border.
- Garden Diaries 7...Dogwoods; Coloured stemmed cornus pruning...31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 8...How to grow your own posts31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 6...Hollies; Pruning & training; A beginn...16th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 5....Festooning apples & taming a blackbe...14th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 4....Kirengeshoma division & Root cutting...14th March, 2017