Eggleston Hall Gardens Videos
Some unusual garden features (contains a little vulgarity)
A look at some unusual garden features from August 2013. I hated them at first, but have come away thinking that these earthwork type structures are perhaps quite interesting in amongst sensitive planting. As a nurseryman, I grow plants and leave the arty farty stuff to those that have a talent for it. My complaint is that too many people latch on to being a "garden designer" because they find general gardening and growing to difficult and too much like hard graft. I worry that it becomes over-technified, much as flower arranging became the domain of rich nobs and snobs who were not much f***ing use at anything else, though in recent years this has very much been reclaimed by anyone with an eye for it regardless of their class....it's perhaps lost that "Ladies who do flowers" feel.
- Garden Diaries 7...Dogwoods; Coloured stemmed cornus pruning...31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 8...How to grow your own posts31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 6...Hollies; Pruning & training; A beginn...16th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 5....Festooning apples & taming a blackbe...14th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 4....Kirengeshoma division & Root cutting...14th March, 2017