Eggleston Hall Gardens Videos
Oriental Poppy 'Beauty of Livermere'
Papaver orientale "Beauty of Livermere" is a striking poppy, hot, brazen, and a luscious bordello red in colour. Like most of its type the only downfall is the foliage, which for half of its time is scruffy and for the other half pale and scabby....but the flowers more than make up for this. I have found it preferable not to grow the plant at the front of a bed, particularly if it borders grass as the floppy habit can cause brown patches on a lawn, best grow set back to come up through other plants such as Geraniums and Geums thus hiding much of the foliage which really is a crock of crap.
Incidentally, for anyone wanting to grow the opium poppy this is not it.
- Garden Diaries 7...Dogwoods; Coloured stemmed cornus pruning...31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 8...How to grow your own posts31st March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 6...Hollies; Pruning & training; A beginn...16th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 5....Festooning apples & taming a blackbe...14th March, 2017
- Garden Diaries 4....Kirengeshoma division & Root cutting...14th March, 2017